Consolidation of the Exchanges - Domestic and Overseas
It appears as though the time is finally coming. I have been waiting for this to happen since AX became NYX. Not too long ago there were talks about NYX and NDAQ competing for the LSE (London Stock Exchange). NASDAQ won that one because NYX had talks with other exchanges and was still completing their financials for the purchase of AX with earnings around the corner. At this point, I believe the exchanges are going to start getting hot again. The exchange companies are NYX, NDAQ, CME, ICE, BOT, and ISE. I bought ICE toward the end of the day yesterday (at 66.66), with hopes that the stock will move up to and beyond its 6 month high. Soon I will also be considering some of the others. All of these companies are well run and might be possible good plays. Both NYX and NDAQ can provide great gains if they move to their highs, 85 (25% gain) and 45 (50% gain) respectively. I believe NYX will actually spend more money and beat the NASDAQ in a bidding war for something great, which would ultimately send the stock to much higher levels than 85. The exchanges will extend their hours and possibly become 24/7, which can be a much easier transition with the purchase of an exchange overseas. The exchanges overseas have been consolidating and we're ready for it in the US too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home